As long as the hoist is engaged on the safety locks and not resting on the hydrualics this will not cause an issue with the hoist. Note however that cars are designed to be parked on their wheels, so consult the vehicle manufacturer for their recommendation.
We have developed an extensive website with detailed specifications, pictures and videos of our products. We don’t have a display/showroom. This allows us to offer premium products at competitive prices. We can’t give out details of our customers due to privacy laws. They are also busy running business’ of their own or working on their pride and joy, just like you.
No, we recommend fully enclosed undercover installation only and warranty will not apply if installed outside.
– Ensure your concrete slab is level and of the correct thickness
– Read the instruction manual supplied with the car hoist
– Set out your hoist ensuring you have sufficient room to work on and around your hoist, as well as sufficient lighting. Keep in mind what suits your current car might not suit your mates, and you will have a lot more mates now you have your own hoist!
– Position and level up the control post, then bolt it into position
– Finish assembling the rest of the hoist before levelling up and bolting down the other post/s.
– Only use a licensed and qualified electrician for all electrical work.
– Double check everything is tight, lubricated and operating correctly before first use.
The majority of products are in stock unless availability is showing otherwise. For smaller items if they are not in stock we can have them couriered direct to you in a few days. For large low volume items we would special order from the factory so extended lead times would apply. Contact us for details.
We carry an extensive range of parts. However for anything we don’t carry, we can express courier directly from the manufacturer to the customer. Quite often this is as quick as us sending from our warehouse in Australia. A lot of parts are also available from local suppliers, O-rings, hydraulic fittings and hoses, electrical switches etc.
Yes our products comply with AS1418.9 and are design registered to comply with workplace health and safety legislation.
Each model of car hoist requires a different amount however as a guide 2 post car hoists require 12L and four post car hoists 16L
The weight distribution of every car will be slightly different, which causes the problem described. As long as there is not a two or more second difference there is no need to do any further adjustment.
This is a common question and very easily resolved. If this is occuring it means there is air in the hydraulic lines which needs to be bled. For the majority of car hoists all that needs to occur is for you to fully extend and lower the hydrualic rams several times for the air to be displaced by oil, raise the hoist in 300mm increments and lower through the full cycle of the ram several times. It often works best if their is weight on the hoist. Excercise extreme caution lifting a vehicle for the first time and ensure the hoist is correctly installed prior to doing so. Now adjust the cables so that the locks are engaging at the same time.
A base type is suitable for low ceiling height installations and regular service work. The benefit of a clear floor is you are able to wheel jacks and other equipment conveniently through the middle of the hoist, making it easier for gearbox/transmission replacement and major work.
Please contact Workplace Health and Safety for specific advice relating to your business, but generally;
– the car hoist is to be installed and maintained by a competent person, their are no trade qualifications/courses for hoists installers
– the car hoist is to be operated and maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
This guidance sheet issued by QLD Workplace Health and Safety January 2010 provides more details click here to download a copy.
You should also be aware of QLD Workplace Health and Safety for electrical equipment used in your workshop click here to download a copy.
You should have documented procedures and documentary evidence for the following;
– Pre-operation Inspections—Before use every day
– Routine maintenance inspections—quarterly
– Annual Inspections—carried out within one year of first use
– Major Inspections—conducted every 10 years
– Design Registration marked clearly on every Vehicle Hoist
– Documented Safe Work Procedures for use of the Vehicle Hoist
This means that the arms are not of equal length, the front arms are shorter than the rear, this places the vehicle back on the hoist allowing for easier access to the driver/passenger door. Do not load a vehicle in reverse if your hoist has asymmetric arms!
Unless noted otherwise it is 240v 15Amp and a licenced electrician is required for installation. 415v 3 phase is also available.
We recommend an internal apex height of 4m, 1m clearance either side of the hoist and 1m clearance front and back of the vehicle/s you intend to lift.
A minimum of 150mm reinforced concrete slab is required, 200mm is optimal, for two and four post hoists. Some models of hoists can be installed on less than this with the purchase of additional accessories please check with staff for details.
New high quality Hydraulic oil suitable for your climatic conditions. Please discuss with your local oil supplier.
Our head office is located on the Gold Coast with warehousing facilities in Brisbane allowing us to serve customers in QLD and Northern NSW. See our Contact Us page for our address details.
The majority of our products are manufactured or assembled in China. The manufacturers we use are the best in their fields and supply their products throughout the world, often to large well known brands who paint them in their colours, add their logo and charge top dollar.